USA. Starboard Cruise Services has revealed a range of retail initiatives to mark its multi-year partnership for Carnival Cruise Line’s much-anticipated new ship, Carnival Celebration.
The LVMH Moët Hennessy-owned cruise retailer claimed its offer for the ship is not only the most expansive retail selection across the Carnival fleet, but also the most ambitious in delivering first-at-sea brands and interactive elements.
The offer combines retail concepts with entertainment experiences and custom-made products for the cruise line, its diverse guest demographics and destinations. The ship’s inaugural Caribbean season will start on Monday 21 November.
Starboard President and CEO Lisa Bauer said: “We’ve developed, designed, and curated engaging retail offerings, including many first-at-sea launches as well as sustainable brands and products that exemplify inclusivity for Carnival Celebration.”
She added: “Bringing Carnival’s brand to life, Starboard delivers an exciting assortment of Carnival-branded merchandise with a really fun in-store experience – a perfect tribute to our 30-year partnership.”
Carnival Cruise Line Vice President of Retail Operations Jeremy Schiller said: “Carnival’s 50th birthday was the perfect occasion to level up our retail offerings and refresh what our guests have come to expect from our ships.
“Our long-term partnership with Starboard continues to deliver ground-breaking retail concepts that have fundamentally improved cruisers’ vacation journey.”
The offer in detail follows here.
Interactive Floor Experience
The first-at-sea ‘Interactive Floor Experience’, located in The Carnival Store (Deck 8), will offer an experiential activity where an interactive retail installation changes as guests walk over it.
With plenty of space to move around, vacationers of all ages can engage in a wide range of Carnival-themed moments while shopping, from floor hockey with the Carnival funnel, to riding on the ship’s BOLT rollercoaster virtually, and more.
Beauty and watch launches
In the beauty shop, guests will discover notable brands including signature fragrances from American pop singer Ariana Grande and beauty line, Iconic London, renowned for its ‘glow’-giving products.
In the Swiss timepiece shop, launching first at sea on Carnival Celebration is Gorilla, the watch brand founded by industry veteran Octavio Garcia. Inspired by luxury sports cars, the watches are powered by Miyota automatic mechanical movements and state-of-the-art high-tech materials such as carbon-fibre cases, ceramic bezels, anodised aluminium and titanium. Featured in the collection is the Fastback Espionage Limited Edition, with only 500 being released worldwide.
The watch design was inspired by the craft of ‘restomodding’ – the art of restoring vintage cars with modern technology to expand the performance and style. The name and colour scheme comes from a 1965 Ford Mustang built by car builders the Ring brothers, which Starboard noted were the masters of the art of restomodding.
Also launching for the first time at sea is timepiece brand Cuervo & Sobrinos, ‘the only luxury watch brand with a true Latin legacy’, in the words of Starboard. Founded in Cuba in 1882, the Swiss manufactured timepieces are designed to honour historic models from the 1930s and 1940s, the golden age of Havana.
Luxury vintage retail
Carnival Celebration will be the first ship to introduce a standalone, dedicated Luxury Vintage Boutique at sea promoting responsible fashion and offerings from globally-renowned brands such as Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Gucci and more.
Guests will find luxury handbags and accessories from What Goes Around Comes Around, the purveyor of the luxury vintage pieces. There will also be leather goods, watches and accessories from Tokens & Icons, who are leaders in transforming authentic artefacts such as sports memorabilia into one-of-a kind gifts.
In keeping with Carnival’s ongoing commitment to sustainability, plastic bags have been eliminated and guests are encouraged to purchase Carnival-branded reusable shopping bags on board.
Miami and destination-inspired partners
Carnival Celebration’s destination offerings echo its ports of call in the Caribbean and the City of Miami, where the line was established 50 years ago.
- Mavrans: Miami-based apparel brand known for gender-neutral, relaxed prints and designs made from eco-friendly materials such as recycled plastic water bottles.
- Pitusa: Female-led Miami based company creating vibrant dresses and beachwear with an emphasis on ethical and sustainable production.
- Alma Weaving: Handbags handwoven from recycled plastic by Salvadorean artisans.
- Sal de Aqui: Female-founded gourmet salt line hand-harvested in Mexico
- My Ocean: Soaps, ceramics and gift items inspired by the beauty of the ocean and created by Bahamian artisans.
- Tagua: Handcrafted from a palm tree nut, the organic jewellery brand creates financial independence for native artisans in Ecuador.
- Nopalera: Female-owned, botanical derived bath and body care brand founded to celebrate Latina culture.
Carnival-themed retail collections
The ship will offer eight distinct collections celebrating Carnival’s 50th Birthday – including a special collection from Miami-based artist Romero Britto.
Reimagined Carnival-branded merchandise offerings, developed in collaboration with Starboard, will bring Carnival’s bestselling items over its 50-year history to life. The collections are destination-driven, Carnival-centric and inspired by the ship’s various entertainment venues, such as the Heroes Tribute Bar and BOLT, ‘the Ultimate Sea Coaster’.
- 50th Birthday: The limited-edition 50th Birthday merchandise that sold out in March will be relaunched and only available on Carnival Celebration until the end of this year. Special commemorative items include the 50th Birthday edition Monopoly game and ‘piece of history’ souvenirs, among other guest favourites.
- Miami Celebration: Paying homage to the ship’s 820 Biscayne Zone, the collection features beach totes, drink coasters, bucket hats, towels and matching apparel sets.
- Heroes: An exclusive assortment of apparel and drinkware is only available on Carnival Celebration and is inspired by the guest-favourite Heroes Bar in tribute to armed services members and their families.
- Carnival/Sprayground collaboration: The limited edition collaboration includes one-of-a-kind accessories and backpacks that combine Sprayground’s blend of style and function with Carnival’s ‘brand exuberance’.
- Romero Britto: Based on the fan-favourite partnership, the Celebration-specific line will have colourful handbags, luggage tags and passport holders.
- Ruby and Sapphire (R&S): An extensive collection of R&S apparel and fun souvenirs.
- Signature Hull: For the first time, a collection of backpacks, clothing and accessories will be inspired by the line’s stunning new red, white and blue hull livery.
- Key Collectors: The limited-edition collectors’ items will include unique ship models, Funship Freddy plush toys and headbands.